Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I know..I know..it's been too long.


But, we've been just a little busy with a toddler on our hands. :)

Since Delaney's birthday, she's learned to walk, talk, and do all sorts of really fun tricks. Some days she seems like a little wind up toy. You just start her up and she's off. It's amazing how much energy toddlers have.
She's also gotten very sweet. She gives hugs and kisses; not always on command, which we appreciate. She's learned to say her version of "thank you" for most things she's given. She's playing independently at so many things as well. The independence streak is fun to see but challenging at times. She wants to do EVERYTHING on her own. No thank you, I don't need you to feed me that yogurt.
Delaney's going to be 16 months next week and it's just so hard to believe. Now that I'm not working, I have all of this time with her and I'm just enjoying every second. I know that Zap is jealous that he's not a stay at home dad and I appreciate all that he does for us and how hard he works so that I'm going to be able to stay at home with the babies.

In pregnancy news, I failed my gestational diabetes one hour and went straight to the diet and counseling. It's been harder this time. If I go off my diet at all, my sugars were high. They're starting to settle now. But I had a hard time wanting to even eat anything that was on the diet.
And finding time to check my sugar has been harder. I set my little iphone alarm and that doesn't always mean that I'm going to be able to check. Thankfully the doctors understand that I'm not not being compliant, I'm just chasing a toddler all day :)

I'm 36 weeks now and from my doc's visit yesterday all seems well. My doctor is anticipating Dash's arrival around 39 weeks. Apparently, they don't want gestational diabetes pregnancies to go to or over 40 weeks. I'm not sure why that wasn't a factor when Delaney was born five days late and I'd had gestational diabetes with her, but oh well.
Zap surprised me a month or so ago with a fully painted little boy nursery. It's blue, green, and brown, and the theme is monkeys. He stayed home from work one day and painted it. It was such a sweet gesture.
My mom is going to be here in a week, and she's going to be staying for a month, so it will be an experience. We're very excited and I'm looking forward to an extra set of hands around here and in her being able to see how much Delaney has grown. She has not even seen Delaney since she was seven months old, so she's going to be a completely different baby.

I need to go and get Delaney, but I promise I'll post more later.

1 comment:

De, Christa, and Murphy said...

It's SO good to "hear" from you again! Thanks for the updates and sweet photos!