Sunday, December 7, 2008

what's new here...

well, not a lot. We're just a little over five weeks pregnant and most parts of the day, I don't really feel pregnant. With Delaney, from the fourth or fifth day after we found out, I was sick. And I mean, really sick. Right now, I have some waves of nausea, but that's about it. I'm pretty tired and I've been trying to get some naps in, thanks to Zap finding nap time for me, but I never manage to sleep.
We put our Christmas tree up. It looks so pretty. Last year, we cut our own tree but with time constraints this year, we just chose a live one. We got a Noble Fir and I think it looks quite "noble" in our home.
Delaney learned to sign "all done"..Seems like a good thing at first, but she very quickly generalized it from eating to diaper changes. So she'll be like "all done" mid diaper change. Umm..no you're not. :) Delaney also seems to be cutting her first top teeth. She's not too happy about it.
I've officially started baking Christmas cookies. I make these really yummy chocolate and peppermint swirl cookies and I've got the first half of the baking process done.
I'm really excited for my Christmas break from work. We're out from the 19th to the 5 of January and I'm planning on using that time to get a lot of things done around the house. I also feel like I haven't been able to do a lot of the things I like to do with Delaney since I'm working four days right now. I'm only able to make one day a week for our babygym class and there haven't been many Friday babygroups with the holidays and all.
But I think that's about it. Wish I had more to share. Not much excitement here.

No comments: