Friday, August 28, 2009

Four Weeks Old!

I'm calling this Dash's one month birthday; I'm going to work on the picture for it tonight after his bath. He had his circumcision on Tuesday and I'm a little nervous about washing him while he still has the ring on it and looks sore. Even though he doesn't act like he's in pain, it's hard for me to imagine that he's not.
We have moved up to size 1 diapers and at his circumcision appointment, he was 9.1 pounds. He's still nursing every two hours for the most part; sometimes at night he goes three hours or so. I think he's nursing about ten to twelve minutes per breast and he's started nursing on both sides pretty consistently.
He sleeps in his bassinet until about 4 am and after that he's very fussy and doesn't sleep unless he's being held, so Zap takes him downstairs and sleeps on the couch with him until Delaney wakes up around 6am.

He is still loving to be tightly swaddled and is starting to really prefer to be carried in a baby sling or be skin to skin.
I would say that now he sleeps about 75% of his day. He's awake a little more, but he's still a little guy who needs his sleep.

He smells wonderful (most days, right now he is due for a bath and smells like milk) and his eyes are a little lighter than two weeks ago. He still has all of his straight, dark hair.

The breathing deal is slowly improving. Now he's just a little squeaky at night when nursing.

Delaney is doing well with Dash. She still needs to kiss him whenever she sees him, which I think is the sweetest thing in the world.

Overall, we're doing well. There's not enough hours in the day to have the house as clean as I'd like it, but we have set our priorities. I'd rather play with Delaney and enrich her day than make sure that every load of laundry is done.

Delaney is coming up on 18 months here in a few weeks and it is a big milestone. We've started loosely potty training. We sit her on the potty and sometimes she pees or poos and sometimes she doesn't. I've also let her do a little bit of the wander around the house naked; hoping she'll start to learn when she has to go.
I went to the store today to get her "big girl" hair clips. The bows we've been using from the Target baby section aren't working anymore. I'm thinking my friend Kate's baby, Bridget, could use them. She's got a lot of hair :)

Speaking of my big girl, she's eating lunch and I better go help her before it ends up EVERYWHERE :)

1 comment:

kate said...

Yaay for bows! Mike thinks I'm a little obsessed because I put bows on her whenever we go out. I just say, "but look how CUTE they are!" I hope you made it through the bath with Dash without any tears (yours or his). I can't believe they're both growing up so fast!