Saturday, November 28, 2009

a wonderful Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. To backtrack a little, Mom and Mammaw arrived on the 19th and we had a few days of time to hang out together before it got too crazy.
However, the one downside is that everybody in the house got a cold. No fun at all. We think Delaney had it first and it went from her to Zap to me to Dash to my mom then to Mammaw. Mom and I are still suffering with it and I've pretty much lost my voice at this point. No fun at all.
But Thanksgiving was great. I think we had about thirteen guests here. We got our turkey at Lattin's, the cider mill a few minutes from our house, and it was so tasty. We ran into a little situation where we thought we could cook it on the rotisserie but the turkey was too big so we had to toss it in the oven and hope for the best.
It turned out really juicy and delicious. We did have to rearrange the baking time of other dishes to compensate but we all ate a wonderful dinner and reflected on our very many blessings this past year.
Here's Delaney enjoying some of our cranberry sauce, made from scratch :)

Here's Dash with his Nana (my mom).

Here's Delaney with her Grandma (Zap's mom).

Zap and his dad, Jerry, carving the ham. A yummy ham by the way...

No comments: