Sunday, December 20, 2009

girls' night out

I think Delaney and I started a new tradition for us. On Friday night this past week, she and I went to the Tacoma Zoo for the Zoo Lights event and LEFT THE BOYS AT HOME!
We had about an hour drive out there because the traffic was so heavy, but it was worth it.
The first thing we did was walk around about half of the zoo and look at the lights. They were amazing. There were so many colors and they were artists with the lights. There was a Mt. Rainer in lights, a rainbow in lights, and so many animals in lights I couldn't believe it. Delaney had a really good time walking around, looking at the lights, and naming the animals (and of course making the sound with each one).
She would say "lights?" and "touch" and she would listen to me when I told her they weren't for touching. She stayed right by my side and was just wonderful company.
After seeing about half the lights, Delaney and I went into the little cafe to eat dinner. We ordered some chicken fingers and fries and Delaney even got to try one of the zoo's orange drinks out. She seemed to like it.After dinner, I thought we'd ride the carousel. She did a carousel when we were in Memphis and she was seven months old, but I was a little unsure how she'd take it. So we started with the bench seat.
Yeah..she was enjoying it.
The minute we got off the ride, she said "more, more".. So we rode it again. But this time, we rode on a horse that went up and down.

She had so much fun and laughed so hard that each time we made the circle we had people laughing at her laughing. We got off the ride and she said "more, more". So we did more.

Nope.. She wasn't scared at all.
But by this point Mama was getting a little dizzy so I was glad that this time she didn't ask for "more, more" when the ride was over.

After the carousel, we did a quick tour of the rest of the Zoo Lights but she was fading on me. So we packed up and came home.

I had so much fun with her. It's rare now that I get alone time with her, especially when the setting is new and exciting for her. We may have to start having more and more girls' nights out.

No comments: