Saturday, December 26, 2009

simply having a wonderful Christmas-time!

Christmas was a new thrill for Zap and me this year. We were talking that we didn't anticipate how much fun it would be to see Christmas through the eyes of a toddler. More fun than I ever even imagined.
Santa brought Delaney a HUGE kitchen set. I have video of Christmas morning to share. Just a note, it is a very long video (around 9.5 minutes), but you'll get to see Delaney first see her kitchen and play with it.



In other Christmas festivities, we went to church services at the Episcopal Church I've been attending for about a month. Dash got to play Baby Jesus in the manger.


Zap's family has a tradition that you get to open one gift on Christmas Eve. Delaney opened a book set that we got for her.


Christmas Day was really fun as well. We spent the morning together and ate chocolate chip pancakes and enjoyed our gifts.
Later on in the afternoon, we went to some family friends' house to celebrate Christmas with the Rieckens.

Earlier in the year, I gave Joyce a lot of Delaney's clothes from her first year after we had the idea to make a quilt from the clothes. Joyce (Zap's mom) but a ton of time and effort into it and finished it just in time for Christmas. It it beautiful and crazy special to us. I cried a little looking at it and remembering all the little outfits.
I asked Grandma if she'd mind making one next year for Dashy :)

That's just a few pictures (that don't really do the quilt justice) of my favorite blocks. I'll work on getting some better pictures. Double click the picture to get a closer look.

In other news, we've been potty training with Delaney for about five or six days now and she's doing well. Even the second day, she was telling me "pee pee" before she had to go and we were able to make it to the bathroom. I think she was just ready and I'm really excited to keep it going.

I need to run; somehow everyone in the house seems to be getting sick. Zap has had an upset stomach all day, Delaney is running a fever, and Dash seems like he's hurting. Here's hoping tomorrow is better! No sick babies!! (or hubby)

1 comment:

Hooked in the Sound said...

Oh, my! I really had no idea that the kitchen would be so beautiful! I can't believe you guys built this! What a lucky girl Delaney is!