Wednesday, January 13, 2010

bad blogger mommy!

So it's been a while since I updated. I was doing so good for a while.
After Christmas, we had just a few days to recover then we had a big party at our home. For our little toddlers, we welcomed in 2010 with a "Noon Year's Eve" party. Our house was PACKED! I think I need to work on rearranging the house when we have a party to give us a little more moving room.
The kids played and ate snacks and toddled around; then at 11:59:10 we started our countdown and yelled and screamed when the New Year (and a new decade) came in. My good friend, Sarah P, brought a ton of noisemakers and we shook 'em. I will say that the toddlers had NO idea what was going on but it was fun!

Delaney's been enjoying her kitchen and all her other Christmas toys. Dash has really started to take notice of her and he thinks she's the greatest thing since sliced bread. He's getting close to sitting up on his own and he's rolled back to front a few times. He's still not really into rolling front to back but I'm giving him time.

We've started some solid foods with Dash. He prefers the multigrain rice cereal over the "white bread" of rice cereals. My guess is that the multigrain has more flavor to it.

The main reason I was M.I.A for a few weeks was that I had a really bad migraine headache. We tried EVERYTHING (given my nursing restrictions) from the walk-in-clinic, my family doctor, a visit to the ER, and finally a visit to a doctor who referred me to PT. Once I made the PT appointment, the headache went away. I also started hitting the Motrin pretty hard and picking up chewing gum again (to help my TMJ pain).

In other news, we're keeping our fingers crossed and prayers going up for Zap's dad tomorrow. He's undergoing open heart surgery to have his mitral valve replaced as well as two clogged arteries replaced. He went in because he suspected some heart troubles and they were going to do an angioplasty. The angioplasty failed and after the cardiologist gathered his data he determined that Jerry was going to need all of that stuff done. Zap will be spending his day at the hospital with his family and I'll be waiting at home with thoughts and prayers going his way.

So, pass some prayers and thoughts to your higher power and I promise I'll update as soon as we know anything.

I'll work more on getting some pictures up - here's a sneak peek:

We found these farm animals in the dollar section at Target. Delaney walked all around Target trying to hold all four of them. She kept dropping them and picking them up. This is the face she makes when you ask her what a pig says.

And not to be outdone, here's Brother eating some sweet potatoes:
He's seriously so handsome.

1 comment:

De, Christa, and Murphy said...

He IS so handsome!
Your Noon Year's Eve party was so fun, and I'm glad Zap's dad is doing well!