Saturday, January 30, 2010

six months old!

Dash is six months old today!! We figure he decided to celebrate with finally catching the cold that Delaney had. He sounds really snotty. Poor little guy.

He is still in size 3 diapers and I think he'll be in them for a while still. Zap weighed him the other day on the WiiFit and he was at 18.5 pounds, so he's still gaining weight well. He's going to have his six month checkup on Monday morning, so after that I'll know and post his percentiles and measurements.

He's nursing about every 2.5 to 3 hours now. I've been more able to get out of the house for quick errands without worrying about leaving him high and dry if he gets hungry. He's still being a good nurser (after a spell of aggressive nursing that left me very sore) but he's started to talk more when he's nursing or just after he's finished.

Dash is an amazing sleeper. Seriously. He now sleeps 10 hours straight... He goes to bed around 7pm and wakes up sometime around 5:30am for a nurse. Then, Zap tries to get him to sleep until around 7am. I can't imagine how crazy we'd be if he wasn't a good sleeper.
Here's the thing. My husband is a sleep guru. He's the one who's sleep trained Dash to this point. We're getting ready to start training him to fall asleep on his own.

Since my last update, Dash is now longer swaddled for nighttime or naps.

He's still a mommy's boy and wants to be held a lot of the day. He's starting to tolerate tummy time more and he's also been hanging out in the jumper. He's rolling over from his back to front consistently, but we think the reason he's not rolling over from his front to back is that he just doesn't want to. Stubborn little monkey :)

Another big development: Dash loves Delaney. It is beyond like. He likes Zap, he loves me, but he LOOOVES Delaney. I like to get Delaney to play peek-a-boo with him, because the sound of those two giggling at each other reminds me what all this hard work was for; Dash and Delaney are going to have each other their whole lives.

His eyes are green, blue, and sometimes brown. Like Delaney, it depends on the day and time. His hair is still dark but I know its lighter than a month ago.

He's teething like mad still but no teeth in sight. I'm going to go on the record and say the teeth are six weeks away. We'll see.

Dash has a great new toy, a teething toy that is a giraffe who squeaks. Her name is Sophie. He loves her.

I'll be sure to put some pictures up soon.

No comments: