Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dash is nine months old!

What??!!??
Seriously.. Guess I better start thinking about little man's first birthday party. He'll be nine months this Saturday while I'm away with my girls for the weekend, so I'm doing this one early.

He is still sporting size 3 diapers. After his surgery he lost a pound, so after our appointment on the 3rd I'll post his weight. Hopefully he's back up above 18 pounds.

Dash is able to go three, four or sometimes longer between nursing sessions. He's nursing about four times a day with a before bed nurse and a just waking up nurse.
He still loves solid food, especially after he got his appetite back following surgery. He's still eating purees and some puffs, since he has no teeth!

We haven't tried too many new foods in the last month, again mainly because of the surgery and recovery.

Hmm. this seems like a repetitive post but following surgery we had to go back to some sleep training. For day naps, I rock him, nurse him if he's due for a nurse, and put him in bed sleepy. He cries when I lay him down but mostly as I leave the room he's settled. He just started sleeping better at night (only to have caught a cold today, so we will see if that continues).

We are on a much more consistent nap schedule for both Delaney and Dash and we're able to balance them so that our day doesn't revolve around naps.

We still have a momma's boy on our hands, but I think we "might" be coming out of the fog. I think crawling will help us with that.

Dashy is still avoiding tummy time, but I think he's doing it for longer stretches than last month. He rolls where he wants to go and looking at how he's starting to work on crawling, I think he might be an army crawler.
A big development: he stood up supported on his play table today. I snapped a picture but his head was moving and it didn't come out.

He has beautiful green eyes, and dark curly hair. His hair is the hit wherever we go.
and no teeth. not even a nubbin. oh well, one day, right?

Dash now knows and does the following signs: more, all done, "yay" (clapping), and "hi" and "bye".

Dash and I go with just each other to babygym twice a week while Delaney goes to Murphy's house for lunch and I think we're both loving the mommy/son time.

No comments: