Tuesday, June 15, 2010

the best things Delaney has said.. this week

Yesterday, my mom sat Delaney while Zap and I spent the day at appointments with Dash.
We came home and Delaney asked for chocolate milk. My mom agreed and I told her that we only do chocolate milk on the weekends.
I poured regular milk into Delaney's sippy and she asked for chocolate milk. I told her that we were out of chocolate milk and she tried the open the refrigerator. I told her that there was no chocolate milk in the fridge and Delaney RAN to the pantry. She opened it up and said:
"There IT IS!! I FOUND IT!!!" and wildly pointed to the Hershey's syrup bottle. We were all laughing so darn hard that we couldn't breathe. I went to the pantry and grabbed the syrup. I didn't want to be seen as someone who would lie to my child..
I pull the syrup out of the pantry and Delaney says "Mommy, put it in!!" as she hands me her cup.

The other night Zap and I switched off who was putting Delaney to bed. She and I got all snuggled and she said "Sap do?" and it took me a second to figure out it was "Where did Zap go?". I told her that Papa had gone downstairs and we continued to snuggle.

We had just pulled into the garage and we asked her who should put her to bed "Mama or Papa?" and Delaney said "neither"

Just a few of the many times we've laughed this week.