Thursday, June 10, 2010

busy busy mama (and family)

I didn't realize it had been so long since I last posted. It really seemed like the baptisms were a week or so ago, but now its been three weeks.
I had such a blast with my best friend, Brenna, here. It was wonderful to see her and to watch her spend time with her godchildren :) Since she left, I feel like my left arm is missing. She's talking about coming back in the fall, so we have that to look so forward to.
My dad also came for a visit, and it was such a great visit. He hasn't been out since Dash was born, so I was thrilled he got to spend some time with them. Having him here is so easy its not like having company. We took it easy, did our schedule, and hung out. Dad helped out by getting in on the living room painting and it was helpful because he knew lots of helpful tricks. He also made this fabulous BBQ dinner. It was like being at home again for me. Coleslaw, beans, corn on the cob, thick BBQ ribs, and pulled pork sandwiches. SO stinking tasty. Now I'm craving it again after having written about it.

Dash is now ten months (and a week now, but we'll pretend like I was on time for this update) and he's made a lot of progress in the last few weeks.

Dash still wears size 3 diapers, but I think we've ordered our last box. I think size 4 starts at 22 pounds, but the 3s seem to be getting a little snug on him. He had a weight check last week and he crossed into 20 pounds! I was a little stupefied. About a week and a half before that he only weighed 18.5 pounds so he put it on :)

Dash is a full formula baby, and that's a big change since 9 months. I went away for a girls weekend and had such a great time, but I didn't pump enough and Dash didn't really care about nursing once I got back. He takes a bottle every three to four hours. He's been on a bottle strike lately, but he's not trying to nurse. My thoughts are that it has to do with other developmental stuff he's doing.
Last month, I posted that Dash had no teeth. Holy moly, he got all four since then! We were shocked! He has his front middle right tooth in and while it was coming up, the top two front teeth started in and now he's just waiting on the bottom middle left tooth to come in (its in just not all the way). It was a rough week for us. He ran a fever and we just couldn't make him happy in any way. He was really miserable.
Dash has started to eat more finger foods: toast, waffles, bananas, peas, crackers, bits of cheese, bits of noodles, bits of apples, pretty much anything he can get in those little hands. It feels good to see him eat and enjoy food.

Dash has been sleeping well now that all the teeth have broken through. That week he wasn't sleeping at all, so neither was Zap, who does the night shift :)
Still for day naps, I rock him and put him to bed sleepy or asleep, depending on how tired he is.

We've finally been on a really consistent day schedule for us, so I'm sure that will change again soon. That seems to be how it goes.

Dash seems to have more "good" days than "bad" days. I wish I had more words to express what I mean by "good" and "bad". Some days he's clingy, fussy, and not interested in anything. But, knock on wood, he's been doing really well.

Dash no longer avoids tummy time, because HE'S CRAWLING!!!! I'm so excited that he's finally become a full crawler. It's adorable and I love that he's more of a handful. I love seeing him interested in his environment, in what he can get into and all of that fun, crawler stuff.

He can stand supported and he can pull up to his knees. He's working on pulling up to his feet, but he's not quite there yet. I have moved his crib down to the next to lowest rail now so that when he wakes up he can stand up in his crib. He can get himself to sitting from a tummy position.

Dash still has beautiful eyes, but some days they are more hazel. He had his first haircut while Brenna was here, but they didn't take much, just a trim. His hair isn't as curly, but it is wavy.

Dash does hi, bye, and yay signs independently but he doesn't do more or all done yet unless we tell/ask him to.

Dash and I go with just each other to babygym twice a week while Delaney goes to Murphy's house for lunch and I think we're both loving the mommy/son time.

Delaney is doing so great. She's a total chatterbox. We're getting really close to being potty trained, but I think that it's going to be a lot of careful monitoring over the next year. I'm thinking we will see some backslides and difficulties depending on her development. Lately sh'es talking all the time and she's pretty funny. She's learning to tell knock knock jokes (knock knock, who's there?, octopus - that's as far as she gets) and she likes to say "Laney funny".
Yesterday she came to me and said "Laney needs sub ba too?". I had no idea. After I couldn't get it, she said it again and then she did a zubber kiss on my knee, so I knew she wanted to zubber kiss my cheek.

No comments: