Monday, November 24, 2008

colds, crafts, and turkey

So Delaney has a cold. I tried to pretend it was just her teeth, but she has a cough and now Zap has a cold. I'm really hoping that no babies that came to playgroup got sick. Most of them were breastfed and Delaney never had a cold while she was nursed, so I hope that helps.
We ran a lot of errands this weekend and we to the Oly High School "Bearzar" to see crafts. Delaney tried on hats and modeled for people. She was feeling really flirty. She's going to be trouble when she discovers boys ...
We ran into our friend Christa who is Murphy's mom from babygym. I always laugh my rear off around her. Her little man Murphy is adorable. Christa is pretty crafty herself and I'm hoping she can help me learn to sew a little better.
We are in the process of thawing our turkeys. We figure we'll have about 30 people here on Thursday. I'm overwhelmed and excited. It's all Zap's family coming in, so I'm going to have to bring some "Hardee" family recipes out -we are having candied yams, no matter what Zap says.
I think I'm also going to do my mashed potatos. I'm completely craving a huge turkey feast. And then the leftovers for days!!!!
What are some of your family's Thanksgiving traditions? We like to go around and tell the family what we're thankful for. This year I have so much to be thankful. A funny, healthy, beautiful, smart (I could go on and on) daughter and a husband who is a true partner.
Well, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. I'll be sure to post pictures !

No comments: