Friday, November 28, 2008

our amazing Thanksgiving

We had Zap's family and our close friends we consider family over for Thanksgiving. I think the tally came to around 30..That's sad that we can't remember the tally, but there were a LOT of people here. It was wonderful to say the least. I think it was incredibly special to be able to host it and to "break the house in". It was one of the best holidays that I've ever had.
The day before Thanksgiving, Zap had taken Delaney and Edgar for an early morning walk. I decided to take a pregnancy test while they were here, but I didn't go back to look at it for a while. I went back to check it and there were two lines. I was COMPLETELY shocked. We were kind of "casually" trying. With Delaney, we had to time cycles, use a fertility monitor, etc. and this time we just got to have fun. But so by the time I went to look at it, Zap was gone. I called my friend Korie because the news was bursting inside of me. But I knew I couldn't tell Zap over the phone. I did keep calling him to see when he was going to be home though.
I decided I'd tell him by making a onesie for Delaney that read "I'm going to be a BIG SISTER ! (Aug. 09)". So he comes home, and he had planned to take Delaney on errands. I kept telling him that he needed to get her dressed and that I had clothes laid out for her. He lays her down to dress her and pulls out the onesie. He looks at it and says "oh. this is cute. I've never seen this one before". I'm like "really??". Then he reads it, but I think it took about 1/2 a minute for it to sink in. Then he looks at me and says "Are you serious??" with the sweetest look on his face.
We were able to tell his family while we were doing our "thankfuls" before Thanksgiving dinner. I went first and Zap went last. We went around the room and people let others know what they were thankful for. It gets to Zap and he says that he's thankful for us, thankful for our home, for Delaney, and for family being here for Thanksgiving. Then he says "and I'm thankful that Delaney is going to be a big sister this time next year" and the room ERUPTS!!!! Everybody was so excited. The room was so loud that it scared Delaney and people were trying to hug me and she was crying. However, we calmed down and were able to share an amazing meal. I would love if we could have the same huge Thanksgiving next year with a few more people (new baby, my family). It was one of the best Thanksgivings that I can remember.

No comments: