Friday, November 21, 2008

what's new here..

Well, not much. Delaney is cutting her second tooth. This one came with a little heavier runny nose than the last one did. Also, here's an interesting fact. This tooth is coming up faster..maybe the two are related, or maybe they just come up faster as they progress, but I do find it a little odd.
We're enjoying the fall weather that has finally come our way. I have some mini daffodils in big pots on the front porch and they're actually budding. They're not the brightest plants. They don't realize that after the first big frost, they're gone. But they will be pretty if they make it out before that.
We're getting ready for Thanksgiving. We're hosting here and I'm really excited (if completely overwhelmed). We're having a large number of people from Zap's family here. Some of whom I haven't seen since the wedding or ever, so a lot of new relatives for Delaney to meet. We'll have to take a ton of pictures.
Edgar is doing okay. He's been going to doggy daycare a few days a week and he loves it, but he's starting to become a "barker". He barks at other dogs when he plays and he's been barking at men recently. So, he's going to get enrolled into some new training (a round for him then a round for him and us together). The lady at the daycare today said that barking and being vocal is the first step on the way to aggression, so we need to nip it in the bud.
I had baby playgroup at my house today for my meetup.com moms group. We had a great time and I think we had about six or seven moms and babies here. The playroom was packed. Delaney actually went and took a nap for about fifteen minutes, so I got to hold our sweet friend Nora, who's about three months old. I'd forgotten what holding a small baby feels like.
BUT, I better get used to it. Zap and I are officially trying for baby number 2!!! If we get pregnant quickly, they'll be about eighteen months apart.
So that's it..I'm off to see what we're going to eat for dinner tonight! Happy Friday!

No comments: