Friday, November 14, 2008

yay for Friday...sorta..

Well, today was Friday and usually I dread Friday. I work at my middle school on Fridays and I just have too many kids to see, not enough time, and I feel really ineffective. I spend a lot of my day running around from class to class to find and get kids. By then, their 1/2 hour of therapy is half over.
So I sat down and plotted out my day, where the kids "should" be, and today was actually pretty effective. It felt really nice.
Also, lately at my elementary school, I've been getting "stalked" by fourth and fifth grade boys who are DESPERATE to come to speech. They'll stop me in the hall: "Do I come and see you at 12:45???"...it's not about actually seeing me, or working on their sounds, or any of that good stuff. They come for the Pokemon cards that are in the treasure box. But..they come and they work, so any means necessary, right?

Today was a good day with Delaney. Her grandma Joyce watched her while I was at work. No crying when I left today which made it much easier to leave the house. Once I got home, we packed up and headed to playgroup with my local meetup.com moms group. We had a really nice time, like we do every week. Next week, we're hosting at our home, so we think we'll be there on time :) Delaney had fun kissing all her little boyfriends and showing them how she eats her snacks.
Then we got home, she stayed asleep from her carseat to her crib - a highly unusual occurrence- and she's still napping now. We got tons of packages in the mail, all very exciting. Edgar's new sweater and new collars (one's for Christmas) came in the mail. Also, an early Christmas gift I ordered for Zap came in today and a hat that my grandmother croceted for Delaney. The hat is really cute, but I think the fact that it fits me may mean that we'll have to see if she can go smaller. OR just keep it for her to wear later.

We're having Zap's parents over tonight with our nephew Lance, just to hang out and spend time where Joyce isn't "working" while she's here. Should be fun.

No comments: