Friday, February 13, 2009

I'm still here..

It's just been a really hard time for us. Since about six to nine weeks of pregnancy, I started getting really intense back and tailbone pain. At first, my OB brushed it off, but that was frustrating and I started looking around for help. I found that they have PT for that sort of thing and I called the nurse at the doctor's office and asked to her write a referral. I started going to PT about two or three weeks ago and I am feeling a lot better. It had gotten to the point that all I could do was sit on the couch and that some days I had trouble walking at work. It was no fun and made this pregnancy really hard.
But..I'm getting better and Zap is amazing and patient and so sweet. He's been just wonderful through all of this. He's been picking up so much slack!
Delaney is growing so big so fast. Her first birthday is just a little around five weeks away and I'm so excited for her. She knows all these signs now: please, more, eat, all done, hi/bye, milk, and she can nod yes/no. It is adorable. She's just started taking one to three steps unsupported, but she's not really consistent. I think she will be soon.
We've been busy with work and trying to keep the house in shape. We've enjoyed the little bit of snow that we've had since Christmas, but we're really waiting for it to warm up. I'm so excited to take my little toddler to the park this summer.
Edgar our puppy is doing wonderfully. He's so good with Delaney and so gentle with her. He loves Zap so much. He waits by the door for him to come home in the afternoons.
So..here's to physical therapy helping, starting to feel baby kicks soon (hopefully), and our little girl turning ONE! March 18th..oh..and we're having our "big" ultrasound that day as well. It'll be a fun day for us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope PT is really helping. Hang in there, pregnancy will be over before you know it. :-)

Any strange cravings yet?