Wednesday, November 11, 2009

a moment of attitude adjustment

For those of you that don't facebook, I have to share this story.
I had taken Delaney to toddler time at the library this Tuesday and as I was leaving I was carrying her on my back in the carrier. I was also carrying Dash in his carseat on my right arm and our diaper bag on my left arm. Also on my left arm was our library book bag which was filled with books (15 to be exact; I'm not sure why we need to get so many but we do).
A lady was getting out of her car as I was walking to mine and she yelled at me "They should give you an award for that" and at first I kind of chuckled and thought "yup, someone should". But then about a minute later, it hit me.
I have three people that give me awards daily. Zap gives me affection, praise, help, and so much more partly because he thinks I'm doing a good job. And then every giggle, laugh, smile, hug, kiss, new word, and sweet look from Delaney and Dash are my rewards for doing this job.
Since then I've just kind of had a new outlook on my day to day life with these guys. I'm not as frazzled; I feel like "yup, it's hard work and stressful, but look what you're getting out of it". Seeing that has helped me.

P.S. There's 2 new posts tonight, so scroll down for the next one - it has pictures!

No comments: