Tuesday, November 10, 2009

a post for my memory

I know that in a few months or years, I'm not going to remember all the adorable things these babies do, so I like to put it here. Then, you guys get to read it and I get to remember it.
Delaney has been carrying her lovey blanket and a stuffed puppy I got her while I was in Memphis everywhere. And I mean, everywhere. She's been able to exchange the binky for these comfort pieces, so I don't mind. What I do mind is that the blanket she carries with her is huge. I think it's nearly as big as she is. I'm contemplating cutting it down and seeing if she will still use it, but it is always with her.

She's calling for Edgar to come get her up from her nap. I'm not sure how effective he'll be at changing diapers (believe me, if I thought I could put him to work I would), so I'll have to go pick up the slack on this one.

Her other thing is calling for her best buddy, Emma, after her nap or when she's trying to fall asleep. She absolutely adores Emma and they have such fun together. Sometimes out of the blue during the day she'll call for Emma to play with her. I usually tell her that Emma is "night-night". I joke that by now she must think that Emma sleeps all the time.

She's learned to go to the pantry and get her animal cracker/cookies out by herself.

She's always learning new words; it's amazing. Tonight we all went to Costco together and we asked her if she wanted to go to Costco and she said "dosko?"; we asked her what she does at Costco and she said "eat". Yup, you do, especially when Papa takes you.

She loves to "color" (or "dulo" as she says) and we bought some brown mailing paper rolls and put those on the table and let her go to town. So far, we've only had one wall coloring incident.

Lately she's become very attached to me (not that I'm complaining). She has been copying my sweeping and cooking. She wants me to put her to bed every night and sometimes just wants me to hold her. I think I'll always remember how since she was little she liked to play with her hair at night and she enjoys actually brushing it down over her eyes or twirling the hair on the crown of her head. If she can, she likes to take my hair and brush it over her eyes.

Last one, and this one is so cute it made me tear up. I was putting her to bed and wearing my nursing tank top. She puts her hand down my shirt and says "boo" and I tell her yes, that's how Dash gets his milk. She then pets the "boo", pulls my shirt down lower and says "tiss??" (or "kiss?). I couldn't figure out why she wanted to kiss my "boo", but finally I figured out that she thinks that Dash is kissing my "boo" when he's eating.

I'm going to finish up with some pictures of these cute babies.

This was taken at Shilter Farms, a pumpkin and tree farm not too far from us.

Delaney had asked to hold Dash. What I love about this picture is her eyes. That's the face I sometimes get when she's being a little naughty.

Dash in his puppy costume for Halloween. The sad part was that it was too little and he didn't wear it and ended up giving it to his friend, Bridger, who is about four weeks younger.

Scooping out pumpkin guts!

The cutest little man in the whole entire world. To me, He looks just like Zap in this picture.

No comments: